Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of people that I have talked to about my car want to know what it will do in on the strip. But being that the only strip around here is only open on special occasions, I do not have a ET yet. I was hoping someone here could figure out a close guess with these figures:
357C, with aprox 360 HP
1970 Mustang Fastback. It weighed 2997 LBS (or something close) from the factory. Does that include the spare tire? With me in it it and other added stuff it probbly weighs around 3200.
It has a heavy duty c-4, with a stage 2 shift kit.
Not sure of the rear end. I think it is something high ratio (around 3.0). I can't find the tag on it anywhere, and the door tag is missing. It is either a 8.8 or a 9 incher.
street Radials on both front and back.
Front and back spoilers.
Srock stall converter.
Can someone give me an estimate with these figures with, say, and average reaction time? It would help me out a lot. I am sure if I changed the rear end it would help the time a lot.
Thanks!!
Matt

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I came up with 14.10 @ 102 mph.
That's with really vague numbers for imput. I need more specifics to be 'more specific' with the program.

Went with 3.00 rear gear ratio, and shifting @ 5800.
I dunno. hope this helps........

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the info....That is right around where I expected to be, but was hoping it was somewhere in the 13's.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Put some gears in the thing with some stick tires and 13s will be pretty easy.
It does have a 9".
My '70 Mach I weight is 3380lb. with driver. I think 3200lbs. for yours is too optomistic.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
DAMN! my 73 weighs 3680 with me in it, and no gas!

Lets get creatvie here....I am going to the drags Saturday. For those that dont know here it is in a nutshell.

357 C
514 HP @ 6500
462 TQ @ 5000

3500 Stall
4.11 Trac loc.

STOCK SUSPENSION, AND AIR SHOCKS!!!

Tires will be Winston Cup Tires 27x10.5x15
Older bro thinks he is gonna kick my ass in his 01 Cobra. All he has in Flowmaser Catback, and a short throw spring shifter (just found that out from dad tonight).

What are my times? Who SHOULD win?

Thanks A LOT!
Jeff Given

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Mightymach..........my 'game'
comes up with you running a 12.16 @ 111 mph.
(lemme know how close I was)........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts