Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a printout of the build sheet for my car, 70 Hardtop. It was originally sold in Houston, TX so the following option would have made sense I am just trying to clarify it.

Tinted Windows - Complete

Does this mean all the windows were tinted including the front windshield?
Any idea on the degree of tint from the factory with this option?

Sadly none of the windows currently in the car are tinted so I have no reference. Also since the car is older then me I never saw one new either. The good news is the tinting laws of my state have a nice, solid grandfather clause.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
The windshield is easy to spot as it has a dark strip across the top.The rest of the windows aren't really that dark.I thought if you ordered tinted windows they were all tinted but maybe you could get just the windshield tinted.If you click on my cars my 68 mustang has tinted windows from the factory.Click on the car once it comes up and it will get bigger.You can see the strip across the top of the windshield and you can see through the rest of the glass to get a rough idea of how dark it is.

·
Registered
698 Posts
That dark strip across the top of the windshield is called a "shaded" windshield. Tinted glass is not visible without a non-tinted car next to it. It is not the darker tints we see from aftermarket suppliers

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Not sure if you guys have exactly the same thing ,but here in Oz the glass has a little brand etching in one corner and the factory tinted glass is marked 'ANTI-SUN'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts