Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You said you were running a stealth with a 3 inch air filter and a 6 inch cowl hood.If you were to run say a 2 inch filter with a drop base would it be anywhere close to fitting under the stock hood?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I do have the Weiand Stealth and a 3" filter.The filter is already a drop base.I'm not sure how much of a drop base it is it might be 1 1/2".If I stand at the side of the car and bend down a little I can see that even the carb is above the fender line.Although the stock hood does have a bulge in the middle.So to answer your question I dont think with my setup and a drop base 2" filter that it will even come close to fitting under a stock hood.You might be able to get away with a 4 3/4 hood that Unlimited products makes but they suck.Thats where I got my hood from.I know for a fact that the reason the engine sits so high is because of the crites mounts.If I do it again I am gonna use a motor plate like Greg Cook did I hope I was able to answer your question.If you need anything else just ask and I'll try to help ya!
Bob

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot Bob, just trying to figure out what my intake options would be with Crites KIt and the stock hood and mach1 scoop.I don't really want to change the hood as I just had the car painted with the 68 1/2 CJ black stripe that runs from the front of the hood to the windshield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts