Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting parts ready for the 393 stroker I'm building. Will be using trick flow bracket racing heads, not the r series. Will this cam be fairly streetable? 298/310 advertised...236/248 @ .050...359/372 cam lift...574/595 valve lift...110 lobe sep. I would like a few opinions about this setup. This will not be a daily driver but I will drive it every weekend and occasionally take it to the track. Just want to make sure it's not too radical for the street.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Sounds about perfect to me...

Just be sure to have a good carb, intake and exhaust to go along with it.

Remember, you're feeding big block cubes through small block sized parts... go a little big. A Holley HP950 is the ideal carb, and the RPM Air Gap (with your heavy vehicle) would probably be the best intake. Use 1 3/4" headers (if they are available) and 3" dual exhaust back to the mufflers, then weld header rings to the muffler outlets so tailpipes can be bolted to them (using header reducers). This will allow for quiet cruising... with the tailpipes attached, and good et's at the track with them un-attached.

I'm a big fan of removable tailpipes. When you want hear (and make) all your power through a bad-ass 3" dual exhaust, you can... When you'd rather have it a little quieter, all you've got to do is bolt on the tailpipes.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts