Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a king cobra and just want to know if anybody knows where can i go to get the caps for the OEM wheels that can on the 78 king cobra i have only two and can't seem to find them anywhere online? also what engines other than a 302 can i go with because where i live it seems like everyone has either a 460 or a 350,454,318 and well you see i know the 460 and 454 are way too big but what can i put in it if not a 302 well any advise would be cool thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've seen a few 351c out there in a Mustang II. Some modification might be in order I have been told, especially if you go bigger. The big oil crunch was going on at the time these cars were coming off the lots, so they weren't made to hold bigger engines. I personally want to go with one of those new Boss 302 blocks and build it up in my Mustang II. Good luck, and FYI I just purchased 5 of those NOS King Cobra center caps for my 76. $100 for each one, all in the original Ford box. - Off of Ebay. - You might check Craigslist.com and Ebay.com regularly for them, that's what I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
That little chassis would be awesome with a 500hp turbo or supercharger setup on the 302 or 5.0L. Easier and cheaper than a swap in the long run. Of course, you'll have to do a bunch of other mods to handle the power in any case. Light is fast.

Just a thought...
David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks you guys i am looking at a 5.0 from a 1992 Ford Thunderbird with the automatic tranny now i am just wondering how much wiring i'll have to do but all of this is new and really cool, i found some center caps on ebay and i think i am going to get them and have them redone because they are kind of beat up a little bit but good for the most part

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a couple new KC caps looking for a mustang II v8 fan shroud my e-mail [email protected] shop number 334 298-3038
also looking for a clean rear std bumper assm.
How is youre gas tanks have new 13 gallon tanks as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts