Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might buy a 66 locally soon. i was wondering, is the console standard when you get bucket seats? or was it a seperate option? thanks!

·
Registered
825 Posts
wait did they even make a sports coupe in 66. I'm not sure...but if it had bucket seats I would imagine it came with a console.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone know if the console was optional on a 68/69 bucket seat car, or did it come with the package? I am trying to determine if it was possible to get buckets without a console.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In 66 I am confident, the cars could be ordered with or without. The GT's and GTA's had bucket SEats and console but you could get column shift and delete the shift and still get a console (rare) and in the standard fairlanes and Fairlane 500's you could get buckets with column shift. I own 10 of these cars. Gary. See: Fairlane Club of America.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, I've seen one '69 Cobra that had buckets and a column shift, but also a console with a floor shift delete plate. It was owned by John Huntley, the guy who runs the www.fordfairlane.com site. Beautiful car. I think he sold it on eBay though a couple months ago. It must have killed him to sell that car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts