Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Will a distributer and coil on a 302 work on a 351c?
2. will a 351c flywheel work in a 302 c-4 tranny?
3. Will a 351c 2v w/ street dominator intake, street avenger carb, and K&N low-profile W/ top ail filter fit under a stock 1970 mustang fastback hood? Or do I need to get a raised fiberglass one? The 302 I have now barley fits, so I am kind of worried.
Thanks
Matt

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
1: The coil would work, the distributor wont. A dist off a 460 will fit in a cleveland, just has a different position for the dist gear.

2: I dunno on that one.

3: It would be really close, probably wont fit depending on carb spacers and such.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I can't help you on the specific fit under the hood of your stang, but I run a 351c and a Street Dominator in a '71 Torino. It is not that tall of a manifold.

It fits under my hood with a 1" spacer and a 3" air filter on a Holley 700DP.

Good luck, the Street Dominator is an excellent manifold in my opinion. Be sure to port match the intake to the heads, though!

Greg P

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, the Street Dominator should fit. A friend of mine ran the same combo under a 70 Mach 1 with a stock hood. I once ran a Torker which is slightly taller, on a 351C and it fit under the stock hood on my 69 Mach. The biggest thing is to find an air clearner with a very low filter base and run a tall enough filter so that there is no more than 1 1/2 inches from the top of the carb to the air cleaner lid. Any less than about an inch of clearance is not good either as it becomes a restriction and the engine won't want to rev like it should. I hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts