Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
N20 Mike,
I guess we have to stop calling facial tissues-Kleenexs, open end adjustables-Crescent Wrenches, typewriter correction fluid-Wite out, really fast racecars-Fords??
Obviously my FE powered Pinto doesn't need NOS to go fast
, But my buddie's big-block Mopar relies on the 'squeeze' quite a bit, and he has had tremendous success using NOS parts, and kits...so your comments regarding "entry level kits" just don't ring true. If Edelbrock kits are so far advanced, why are they using bottle valves that NOS quit using ten years ago
The advantage to NOS systems is that if set-up according to thier specifications, they have a "margin for error" built in. They may not run the fastest, but you aren't bolting in a new engine every two weeks. I've seen far too many massive explosions with Nitrous Express kits on top to even consider thier stuff.
My buddies' Mopar, with 440, will run 10.80'[email protected] on motor, 9.60'[email protected] on "Juice, Spray,Bottle,N20", a big-shot NOS system with 102/110 jets..It's consistant, Doesn't break parts, burn-up plugs, or require extra maintenance...I would know, cause if he breaks anything, I'm the one he comes looking for to fix it!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Like stated in my earlier post about NOS systems, I started out with a little cheater system. WEnt to a 2 stage cheater system, then finally a 2 stage Big shot system. I never ever broke anything motor wise. I on the other hand, found out EVERY weak link in my transmission and rear end. But as far as engine troubles, none. I ran dedicated fuel lines/pumps/filters for both fuel and NOS, I had all the necessary 'uh oh' valves in place, and after 5 years of running the juice, had it pretty well figured out, going so far as tinkering with every run, depending on what the bottle pressure/and volume was. Again, I don't know what the company has turned into since holley purchased them, and I haven't 'had to' run the giggle gas 'yet', but it sure was good to me 'back then'......

21 - 22 of 22 Posts