Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what a junk 1963 r-code galaxie would be worth with no motor. the whole body is junk but it is a r-code the whole i have is for sale i am just looking for a buyer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shelby69500 on 12/2/06 9:13pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shelby69500 on 12/5/06 8:27pm ]</font>

·
Registered
960 Posts
Is the R code for the 427 and 2 fours,there was a rough looking 63 427 motor with the two fours, 4 speed and factory headers at the ford swapmeet in columbus with a asking price of 15,000. I wonder if it came from the car you are inquiring about. Jeff

·
Registered
228 Posts
Best thing to do: park it somewhere.

As the rest of the world understands the rarity of an R car, and can finally begin to document it, even Galaxies that were junk just a few years ago become restorable.

While the original engine and trans are probably long gone, they are probably the easiest parts of the whole car to replace.

The real Galaxie Geeks can tell you all the unique R parts that should still be on the car unless it was stripped clean, but, the one thing it has is authenticity.

It won't be long before you will be able to economically justify buying a 95-point Galaxie 500 as a parts car to restore an otherwise totalled fastback.

BOB

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Hallo!
R Code Still Awailable?
Best regards!
Mats Linden
+46708625625

Look at the date of the post for the R code. Not to mention the guy never replied to anyone after posting it was for sale. So either sold it or wasnt' too interested in selling it. All of the above?

This Thread was started Dec 2006. I suppose it is possible they might still have it but doubtful.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, first of all, its not an R-Code as evidenced by the single 4-bbl carb. It could be a Q-Code (single 4-bbl 427) but I am not even sure of that. If you look at the interior shot, you will see an obvious automatic transmission shifter. No 63/64 Q- or R-Code came with an automatic transmission that I am aware of. They all came with 4-speed top loaders (although I think the very early 63 427s may have had Borg Warner 4-speeds). Yes, the T-Bolts of 1964 raced with automatics, but they were heavy duty Lincoln transmissions. None of the regular Ford auto trannys could handle the power and torque of the 427.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Is the R code for the 427 and 2 fours,there was a rough looking 63 427 motor with the two fours, 4 speed and factory headers at the ford swapmeet in columbus with a asking price of 15,000. I wonder if it came from the car you are inquiring about. Jeff

Ok who went to ohio swap meet ? I go every year , set up at same place and I know what motors ya talking about . There was a 406 sitting beside the 427 motor as well . I set up in the Buckeye building on the end where nothing but 427 motors and parts were .

·
Registered
529 Posts
It could be a lightweight wana be. It looks to have an aluminum front bumper. Did not sound too bad though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts