Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today at the fun ford opener in orlando florida pro 5.0 racer Steve Grebec was killed. his car got sideways and landed on top of Bill Rimmer's car at 200 mph,and came to a rest and caught fire. Rimmer was ok with a few bruises. it took rescue workers almost 10 minuts to get him(Steve) out of the car(they had to cut him out)and had to administer cpr for about 30 or so minuts before the fire and rescue got there.. i don't think i've seen a crash that bad at a race before.
R.I.P Steve we will miss you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fordguy on 3/4/02 6:16am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fordguy on 3/4/02 8:52am ]</font>

·
Registered
14 Posts
i am deeple saddened by the news of his passing. i loved reading about him and his insane turbo'd car. i was looking forward to seeing him at some races and going up against gullet and the other big guns. i will keep him in my prayers and extend the deepest condolences to his family and friends. the sport and lost a great one. rest in peace steve.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I am deeply saddened by his loss.
I never personally saw him race, but I've read tons of stuff in many different magazines about him.
He died doing what he loved.

·
Registered
89 Posts
He was at the WFC last year. He and his team hadn't worked all of the bugs out of the car. The next time I saw him was at the NMRA finals in Bowling Green Ky. He was in a league of his own. No one there was close to him and that amazing Red Stang. I was really looking forward to seeing the him and the car at this years WFC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts