Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody put a R&P on a 64 V8 car? How do you like it? I need to get rid of the mismatched power/non power parts on my 64 and was kickin around the idea of the r&p install. Either that or find all the non power parts. any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If its a kit your after "unisteer" makes a rack for the Falcon, i know guys on here have used it, someone will pipe in here.
And, check with Fatman Fabricators, i think they do a coil over/rack & pinion for the Falcon as they do for the early Fairlane

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I know you cant believe everything you read on the Net. But, there is a guy on TFFN falcon forumn that used a Fatman rack and coilover kit on his Falcon.
He said he has never been able to get it to drive correctly.

I installed a Rod & Custom kit in my 64 Fairlane and Love it! My kit for my 65 Falcon should be here Friday and will start the install next week

Jet

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I looked at some of the kits and looks to be pretty easy conversion. Now to scrape together some coin to get the parts! Spent the last day UN-Mickey Mousing the wiring and fixing a few things on the motor, all in all not to bad of shape for a 47 year old car.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Jet - Can you elaborate on what you mean by couldn;t get the Fatman stuff right?
I too am running a Fatman coil over/rack & pinion, my only problem is i can;t get it back down to the ride height i want & i;ve tried & tried to find the right coil over spring to make it right

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Qoute from a guy on TFFN,

i have the original fatman kit i would sell cheap...that would provide the brackets i would not use the whole kit i played with it for years and ould not make it woork but the brackets for the rack are there...i have the whole kit if someone wants the frustration i didnt want it any more the new one works great...

He talked about trying to make it work for 4 years. With poor support from Fatman.
I think in another thread, he stated that he has a newer setup and has no issues with it.

I've never used any of their product or known anyone that has.

Jet

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have no complaints with the Quality of the Fatamn coil over/rack & pinion kit for the early Fairlane, its a well thought out, about as bolt on as you can get & it steers, drives really well, but, even with lots of ideas from Fatman i cannot get the car down in the front. If i wind down the adjusters to the point where the car sits right, there is not enough tension on the springs & they will bounce against the stops, over bumps, making a sound like someone is wacking the car with a hammer! I;ve contacted QA-1 for a shorter, same weight spring, but to no avail.
The kit uses struts from the 79-93 Mustang,
so i'm trying Mustang shops.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Roger

I have a 92 Mustang that I used a UPR coilover conversion on it.
You may try to contact them for springs?

Jet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts