Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun, wouldnt take our old Gal out, I relate to the grandma/steps with it too much... but got a rusty marquis winter beater that might do pretty well :) looks like a mammoth sway bar would be a big advantage.

I sooo want to take my 06 mustang out on a road course- even some of that scca parking lot stuff i think would be fun.

I bet the folks in the stands never woulda thought in a million years theyd see a 50 yr old station wagon out there!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks everyone for the comments. I just recently parted with the car, traded it for a flat head ford engine and transmission. I traded it to a friend of mine that is much more skilled than I am at fabrication. He was going to cut it up and recycle the car, using parts for his builds and junking the rest. Although I couldn't see this car getting tore apart, in my heart I knew that once he took it for a ride down the road, then he couldn't take it apart either. His plans have now changed, he is going to try to fix it up. It needs so much work, I daily drove that car 80k over a 4 year period. It is structurally about to fall to the ground, it wasn't nice when I raced it. In fact everyone was just shocked it lasted the first winter without falling apart. My dad said just one pot hole would make the front end fall out of it. I got 4 years enjoyment out of it, made it look far better than it actually was.... and yes it was a blast to run it around that track. It was bringing tears to peoples eyes as I was driving it out to the track, several people begged and pleaded for me to sell it to them before I raced it. I drove that car in 5 different states several times and I cannot count how many thumbs up and compliments I got with it. Some family members even got a laugh out of my driving it, dad even got a nice gun cabinet in the middle of a rain storm because it fit in my car. Too many good memories with this car that I will never forget and it isnt totally gone yet....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I still have plans on racing more, my 68 galaxie might be the next run on a track. The sad thing is the track I raced the wagon on is now closed, the owner got sick and died.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts