Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my 302 240Z to Irwindale's 1/8 mile tonight.The track is where racing should occur,not the streets. Last time out they asked if I was going to race the import bracket which seemed kinda strange to me. I've been racing my Morris there for years and never was asked to race with the imports. Maybe because it's a Datsun? So,I'll report how the car did against the wings and fart cans of the other imports if it stays together long enough.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2006-11-09 13:34, blown68 wrote:
Did you get the freeze plug issue sorted out?
Yeah,got the freeze plugs fixed by installing deeper type using LockTite.Also fixed the trans overflow problem by installing a catch can system to the C4 vent.

The track wasn't preped too well and there must have been 4 or 5 oil downs last night. Made 4 passes,3 against imports and beat every one of them.Raced a nice looking but slow '73(?) Grand Torino also. The car still needs some dialing in and the new B&M Pro Stick shifter sucks big time.Best run of 7.92/84+MPH (12.42 1/4)was a little off last outing.Didn't run the bracket but will next time.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yeah, C4's will overflow if you don't run some sort of recovery system. I run mine a little low and run a rubber hose from the vent up into the engine compartment topped with a small breather. It helps to run a deeper pan too. Glad to hear you are spanking the ricers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts