Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me, this is somethign I actually posted in ranchero forum, but because falcons and rancheros in the early 60s shared so much, and because ranchero forum seems to be extremely low traffic... I'm seeing if any of you have any ideas.
(1) 64 Ranchero rack and pinion options | Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum (fordmuscleforums.com)

Basically I believe we are running a dodge omni rack and pinion, and the turning radius is so bad that you almost have to have a 3pt turn turning left from one two lane street to another.

I'm curious if anyone knows of options as far as long arm spindles or somethign that might help fix that. Engine bay is tight, and going back to a full power steering setup is not really an option.

It's a 64 ranchero that has been HEAVILY modified =).

I appreciate any input you all might have.

Thanks!

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello
Yes I also experienced the same thing on my 63 Falcon convertible with Chris Alston Chassis Works Rack and Pinion step up. Radius was not what I had before the change, and experience some bump steer that was annoying to say the least. I talked to John at https://opentrackerracing.com/. (I believe that it was john, been several years my memory is not what it was) Sorry back on track, he was very helpful. They have spindles on their site, not sure they are what you are looking for, but may have info that could help. Good luck in your search for a tighter radius
Tim…+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts