Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going everybody? Just recently dropped a 71 302 V8 Torino/fairlane engine in my 66 Mustang. I got a replacement radiator from autozone, I believe it's a spectra.

Everything was going great with the transplant, until we realized the transmission fuel lines were off (by a few inches, height wise and horizonantally).

I'm a novice restorer and am just looking for ideas, any sort of insight is appreciated.

Are there adaptors for such situations? Do I have to get custom transmission lines made? It seems to fall short of the mark, but even if I could properly bend them it still wouldn't reach.

Also it seems a lot of the time autostores only carry replacement default parts, and nothing too much outside those perameters.

Will post pictures up tommorow, I was racing the sunlight today...

Thank you for time :)

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
There are adapters that attach to the radiator transmission oil cooler. A piece of hose will connect the cooler to the transmission oil cooler lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are adapters that attach to the radiator transmission oil cooler. A piece of hose will connect the cooler to the transmission oil cooler lines.
Thankyou for the reply buddy, really does mean a lot. Could I find the parts at my local autozone/o'reily's or since they're just hoses could I find them at a hardware/parts store?

Any info is appreciated. : )

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Some parts stores carry the fittings and adapters. The hose is usually a 5/16" hose that works with oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts