Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ram air air cleaner and I am trying to find out what car and engine this was originally on. The part # is D3SF 9C672 , with AD 3CA underneath it. Also stamped on the inside is a 4 with a box around it , then 71038. or 71088....hard to tell if its a 3 or 8...From what I read I think this is from a 73 Ford, possibly a thunderbird...Can anyone help to advise what car and engine size this came off.....Thanx John

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
It's a '73 T bird part # but is that off the base or the ram air part? Any pics? Stu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The # came off the snorkel on the base. The other # was stamped inside the base. I can't upload the pics onto this site for some reason. What's your e mail? I'll send you the pics. thnx John.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Are there any #'s on the Ram air top? The base is obviuosly from a T bird but I'm wondering what would be around in '73 with ram air. Possibly a Gran Torino Sport or Montego GT or a Mustang. The trick is to figure out if any of those applications used a T bird base. A T-bird would have a 460 in it that year as it shared chassis with the Continental mkIV. So maybe an intermediate with a 429/460 would use it. Otherwise it may be just a collection of different parts assembled to make a "ram air" Stu

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the snorkel is 73 t bird. the base looks to be repainted and the snorkel is original with the part # in white paint. The only # I find on the base is 4 71088, with a box around the 4. This is stamped into the metal on the inside of the base just below the rubber seal. Thnx John.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The discussion thread from 2006 by "johnnydeeper" was for an air cleaner snorkel. If you back up to the previous posts you can read the entire conversation. But since you have 16,728 posts, I shouldn't have to tell you that.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
You motard... :rolleyes:

JOHNNY SAID HE HAS something to be ID'd.

then YOU said " IT'S ON MY!!!!"

Where the hell is the correlation to YOU AND JOHNNY? Why would you begin your very first post by saying "It's on my 73 Cougar" I wanted to know what the hell you were talking about...

WHAT exactly is on your 73 Cougar? Is Johnydeepers Ram air cleaner on YOUR Cougar?

I asked if YOU were the original poster this Johnny guy. You never answered that.

By your replies to this old ass thread I would have assumed that you were him, but you never mentioned the fact. You simply made the statement "it's on my 73 cougar" which had no rhyme nor reason when you read the previous post 3 YEARS ago which said "Use Imageshack to host your pics. put them in a post with [ img ] and [ / img ] without the spaces...."

How are we to correlate what you wrote if you don't identify yourself as the original poster???

Please make sense this time. I only ask because I hate to assume...

·
Registered
7 Posts
"motard"? how old are you?

The discussion thread is split into 2 pages. Check the first page - where the discussion thread starts. He lists the part number and part. You're looking at the first post on the second page (or - if you have your preferences in your profile set this way "oldest first" it would be the first).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a ram air air cleaner and I am trying to find out what car and engine this was originally on. The part # is D3SF 9C672 , with AD 3CA underneath it. Also stamped on the inside is a 4 with a box around it , then 71038. or 71088....hard to tell if its a 3 or 8...From what I read I think this is from a 73 Ford, possibly a thunderbird...Can anyone help to advise what car and engine size this came off.....Thanx John
In case you can't find the "2" right after the "1" on the "Pages" link here you go. I've saved you the trouble.
The reason for answering this "old ass" thread is because when you search the part number in Google - the "old ass" thread is the only response. and it was unanswered.

And "no" i'm not the original poster. Your looking at this message board as if only people who are regular members who pick off the "recent posts" list are the only ones who see this. I would bet that the VAST majority of traffic that visits this website does not post on it, they are researching their projects and come across the discussions in here, read it and move on. If the owners of this forum do not want old information from this forum to be used they should set the "pruning" feature on this message board to a specific time frame.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
In case you can't find the "2" right after the "1" on the "Pages" link here you go. I've saved you the trouble.
The reason for answering this "old ass" thread is because when you search the part number in Google - the "old ass" thread is the only response. and it was unanswered.

And "no" i'm not the original poster. Your looking at this message board as if only people who are regular members who pick off the "recent posts" list are the only ones who see this. I would bet that the VAST majority of traffic that visits this website does not post on it, they are researching their projects and come across the discussions in here, read it and move on. If the owners of this forum do not want old information from this forum to be used they should set the "pruning" feature on this message board to a specific time frame.
Maddermaus,
You have really good points. As a third party observer your posting was little confusing. Now, if you would of had "I have one on my...". Then we would have avoided confusion and just got a "Holy thread ressurrection Batman." and moved on.

Welcome to FM
Your results may vary.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Dude! Answer my ? please. Are you saying that the one on your car matches the OP's and is it original to your car? As you said. Others may want to know. Thanks, man. Just trying to help!

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
No way dude. I have it set to one page. Here is the overview of each post as I read them...

#1 Johnydeeper: I have air cleaner XXX

#2 Capt: It's a 73 T-bird #

#3 Johnydeeper: It came off snorkel base

#4 Capt: Are there any numbers

#5 Johnny: I think the snorkel

#6 FEandGoingINSANE: Use Imageshack for your pic

#7 maddermaus: It's on my 1973 Cougar w/351C Cobra-jet which is all original

FINALLY!!! I FINALLY GET IT! I am SUCH a Motard! You were attempting to make us infer the fact that YOU HAVE THE SAME THING ON YOUR COUGAR!!! Not that you are telling us that you have Johny's air cleaner on your car... But that you have the same part #'s on your cougar that you believe is all original... :rolleyes:

When we use PROPER ENGLISH we write as such: I have the same part # as johnydeeper on my XXXXX!!!!!!

Starting a sentence with IT'S is confusing (for my old self) in a three year old thread...

Sorry I got confused.

OK: one last thing... If you got a T-bird Part # on your MERCURY then you do NOT have a Mercury part on your "original Cougar"
Ford and Mercury did share some part #'s but from what I know they were for basic parts, not major like the air cleaners.

OK, I am done wondering what this guy was talking about...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts