Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Ram Air install and Battey relocate finished..

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  marzz22 
#1 ·
I'm not too good w/ posting pic's into a message so here is the link to my site. This was the funnest mod I've done, the ram air install that is...The Taylor relocate seems to have worked great, I'm not the fastest worker so it took me a little while but i got it... Hopefully I can make it to the stripe this friday and see if i can pick up a tenth or two...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/835961/6

1991 Honda Civic Si- daily driver
2002 Midnight Edition Ford Escape

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ga289stocker on 11/2/06 8:39am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ga289stocker on 11/2/06 9:17am ]</font>

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey Man,
I use the same type of Ram Air Box. I like the paint job. Not sure if you are interested, but Napa carries an intake tube that fits like a glove and looks factory. I wasn't down with the silver style intake tubes. I have the box with the part number I think in the garage. Let me know if you are interested and I will post it.

#5 ·
On 2006-11-01 18:20, BRDVPRA wrote:
Hey Man,
I use the same type of Ram Air Box. I like the paint job. Not sure if you are interested, but Napa carries an intake tube that fits like a glove and looks factory. I wasn't down with the silver style intake tubes. I have the box with the part number I think in the garage. Let me know if you are interested and I will post it.
For sure I like to know that..Napa is right down the street from me..

#6 ·
Awesome, I want to do the exact same thing. Will your track let you race with that battery box since it is not sealed? Also, how much work was involved in getting the on/off switch installed in the backup light?

Let us know how much you gain.

#7 ·
On 2006-11-01 18:44, mikemustang289 wrote:
Awesome, I want to do the exact same thing. Will your track let you race with that battery box since it is not sealed? Also, how much work was involved in getting the on/off switch installed in the backup light?

Let us know how much you gain.
Dam i hope that let me run it.. Another member here Vinyl66 has the same box and set up, only difference is that he has a coupe bodystyle and they let him run it... The back light install was not to bad. I basically pulled the bulb assembly out, then pushed the switch threw, secured it w/ nut that came
w/ kit, had to make a extension piece to clear the bezel to you turn it. left the lense in place just drilled a hole through it as it helped w/ spacing, then used a campbell soup can lid sprayed w/ primer to go over the lense's and place sticker on....i really didn't want to mount it in the rear body
panel like some do or make a hang down bracket from under
the valance...

#9 ·
I've got a ramairbox just like that on my car. Maybe I'll take some pics.

Anyway, you can buy much better looking aluminum ducting. It's the 4" round aluminum dryer duct that is holds its shape. You can twist it into an 'S' and it will stay that way. It's more of a cast aluminum color, so it better matches the rest of the engine bay, and it's much smoother for better flow.

Oh, my car has nitrous and runs in the 10's... and it doesn't even have a cut-off switch, let alone a sealed battery box. It is a coupe, but hasn't had a metal rear firewall installed behind the fabric on the rear seat. Chances are, IF there is a problem, they will allow you to run, then tell you what needs changed for the NEXT time you bring it to the track. They usually try to work with you, as they don't want to send you entry fee down the road.

Good Luck!

#10 ·
On 2006-11-01 19:18, frdnut wrote:
Good luck at the track..I'll be anxious to hear the results..When do the heads go on?

Well if all goes according to plan , this winter I'll put the AFR's on,, i really want a 13 sec pass w/the stock heads first though.

n2omike: thanks for the info, i usually go on friday nights and the track folks seem pretty laid back about most stuff, i was worried about to much rubber line going to the carb but they don't even check that....so hopefully I'm be ok w/ the box..

1991 Honda Civic Si- daily driver
2002 Midnight Edition Ford Escape

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ga289stocker on 11/2/06 10:20pm ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.