Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok- let the flames begin. I was able to choose a Trailblazer for a Co. car this year- it was the highest powered choice. Besides- I might buy it after the lease is up if the price is low enough and tow w/ it (6200lbs!). The new 4.2 liter straight six is really sweet. Aluminum block/heads and varible ex. valve timing. 270hp/270ft-lbs. Go the tow package at no extra cost to the co. w/ 4.10 gears. 2WD. Care to guess what it ran at the strip? Around 4400lbs curb weight. Anyone care??? It does have a Fordmuscle sticker proudly displayed on the rear window!

JL

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Well thats good that you have the sticker in the back window. I have one on the back window and side window on the extended cab of my toyota. I am interested in the variable valve timing. I know its controlled by oil pressure which worries me. I mean, I could see how dirty oil could really destroy that system by plugging the passages. Volvo's had this problem with their lifters by not having enough clearance on the internal pieces of the lifter. The oil would get dirty, and the lifters would fail causing engine damage. I could totally see this similar situation happining. If the oil and the particles in it plugged the passages for the gear drive that controls the variable valve timing, there could be major damage. But let me know how it goes, and change the oil on the regular basis. I'm sure you've heard what is happing to all of toyota's from '97 onward if you don't change the oil. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have no idea how it ran, but I am curious. I have a good friend who is mechanic at a Chevy garage. He says he can't figure out where all the advertised power is in the Trailblazer. He has driven several and he thinks they feel sluggish. Of course, that is measured by the butt-o-meter. What are the numbers?

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
15.62 at 86.8mph. It does NOT feel sluggish. It shifts it self at 6200rpm if you keep the pedal to the floor- pretty cool. I'm sure the 4.10's help, too.

JL

·
Registered
91 Posts
Any ideas what a 01 F-250 superduty with a v-10 would run? Extended cab and bed. Its got the 4:10's or 4:11's in the rear...Also a bone stock 4 cylinder 02 ranger with a 5 speed? Just wondering since they are both my company vehicles and they seem to hold there own...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.