Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for that rare peice of chrome hood trim for 63 and 64 fairlane sports coupes. i have been EVERYWHERE online so please dont recommend EBAY or craigslist because im monitoring them daily. Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am trying to visualize......what piece of hood trim is different between hardtop and post cars? Sorry if its a dumb question.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have access to 2 64's and 3 63's for parts. The only rare piece I can think of is the center part that looks kind of like a scoop front. None of these cars have it and I've seen it on some in pics. That's what I'm thinking.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
looking for that rare peice of chrome hood trim for 63 and 64 fairlane sports coupes. i have been EVERYWHERE online so please dont recommend EBAY or craigslist because im monitoring them daily. Anyone have any advice?
I had a couple of them. I will have to look and see.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey REMAN,
i believe the hood trim im looking for was only available on the 2DR/HT Sports Coupe model. it was one of the few peices of exterior trim that identifies it as a Sports Coupe. lol, other than the "Sports Coupe" emblem haha

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
OK. I thought I saw one on e-Bay a little while ago. If I see it again, I'll let you know. I'm lucky to have all the pieces intact for my restoration. I just wish re-plating and re-anodizing was a little less costly these days. I can buy a new chrome bumper for my '70 Mustang for $100 yet it'll cost $500 to have one of my '64 Fairlane's re-chromed. Go figure!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IWANT MORE,

Do you happen to have the emblems for the roof pillars? there is one on each side.

I am turning a 63 2DR/HT into a SPorts Coupe clone. if anyone has any sports coupe emblems, i am interested. please contact me. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts

if you have not found this piece yet then feel free to contact me. i know a guy who has a hood. dont know if he will sell just the chrome or whole hood but i can find out. he my also have more than just the one since he has quite a few of these cars.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts