Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Classicjunkyard.com has a ‎63 64 Galaxie automatic console with extremely rare POWER WINDOW & LOCKS control.

Not something for me but thought I would inform others.

·
Administrator
21,668 Posts

·
Administrator
21,668 Posts
I thought it was too, they don't usually look that good. When i first saw the other auction i thought they were wanting $1000 for just the bucket seats and i bout fell over. Then saw it was for a bunch of stuff. With the water under the door panels i'm wondering if they hosed them down which wouldn't be very good at all on that cardboard. Still not bad for all that minus the rear seat i guess.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
starting bid $1000....
one of the hardest parts to find even in the ruffest condition is missing..
the XL rear seat (upper section)

·
Administrator
21,668 Posts
That is so true, never see it listed often at all. Then on the verts it's good inside windshield trim, header bow and the almost nonexistent sun visors even just the arms.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Any of you fine folks have any leads to a 4 speed top plate for a console??? i have one, but its pitted so bad, i think it would cost 2K to fix.

·
Administrator
21,668 Posts
I think I saw a console with rear ashtray on HAMB just recently, but not 100% certain if it was there. Suppose to be rare with the ashtray.

Found it, sold though

64 Galaxy Automatic Console - THE H.A.M.B.
I heard those were in Fairlanes or something more often but don't really know a thing about fairlanes. I do remember seeing those ashtray types now and then or just the ashtray on CL. Mine is just like a vent and have a light in there. Almost think i prefer the one i have so i can have a light back there on the floor.

EX-Don't know of any 4 speed plates. Seems it's difficult to find those and the solid ones for column shifters. Will keep eyes/ears open.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
I believe the Console is the same it's the top plate that's different, I thought.
when i got center consle for mine....
got two ratty one's...

first one, top plate bad chrome, auto and hacked up for 4spd..lower base rail also hacked {someone had fitted it in a pickup truck previously}...but had all good side trim and grill in back....

second one..good base, shell and lid..also better than average chrome auto shifter plate and shifter..but no side trim...

got both for dirt...
made one good out of two ,wrapped it with black vinyl...

later when converting to 4spd...

keept same console only changed shifter cover...

didn't feel like paying $300 - $400 for a good 4spd cover as they rarely come up...
made a templet of old plate...

bought a piece clear anodized diamond plate..(chrome like finish)cut that to fit....
plus adds a little custom look...:)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well I just learned something new about the ash tray in the back of the console being rare. Mine has the ash tray and I had just assumed that they all were like that. Is it possible that the hardtops got the ash tray and the verts got the light since they don't have the c pillar lights?? Just never payed that much attention to them, but will now.

EXRacer, have you tried "Stan the Ford man" for your shifter plate? When I talked to him at the Portland show this year, he said he had a few center consoles laying around. May want to try him if you haven't yet. He is in Battle Ground, WA and does ship parts out. His number is 360.687.1216

1 - 20 of 21 Posts