Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and her father are restoring a 41 Ford buisness coupe, well this car was in bad shape to say the least (had no floor at all) We have been searching for parts for it when a local guy said he may have a couple of parts cars but wasn't sure what they were. So Saturady we decided to take a ride out to his house and check it out this guy only lives about 10 miles from me. We get to his house and he has a shop built on top of a hill behind his house and has a second story below. The top was filled wall to wall w/ cars, I counted 16 inside, a 65 Falcon,67 cougar, 65 mustang,2 65 Galaxie convt, a mid sixties merc Maurader convt, a 67 Buick convt,2 64=63 Impala convt. All unrestored just sitting there, out side in front of the shop there was a 57 ranchero, a 68 Galaxie convt, a 84 Tbird, and a 66 Fairlane post. This guy has 32 acres and at the back of his property had about 30-35 more cars, old 58/9 fords, a few early sixties Galaxies, 61 Ranchero, a retractable hard top w/ a 69 429 in it. He had a trailer full of engines, a few 390s a 292 and some flat heads. I still can't beleive how much stuff this guy has. It must be awesome to have all that laying around! Just thought I would share my find anyways.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Finding such goldmines is gr8. The thing that worries us is the way the U.S. Government is trying to have laws (section #803 of Bill S1766 ) introduced to scrap these vehicles. Personally, I have a collection out on the farm of 45 pre-1965 vehicles that are all around 90%complete. These cars have been kept to help younger adults get into automotive history. My 22 yr old is doing a 59 Impala, #2 son (20) is starting a 51 M1 (Canadian eh!) and my youngest,12, is helping dad build our Pro-Street 54 Merc pick-up.
My God, now I am ramblin on...anyways, check out the March 2002 of Hot Rod for more info on this. (page 1

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only Falcon I saw was a 65 or 64 Sprint, it had a 260 still in it, This Guy had some stuff, He had 3 tractor trailers Full of body parts and other misc stuff, he was restoring a 55 Crown Vic in the lower part of the shop. One car I think it may have been a 55/56 Ford had the exhaust running throught the rear bumper and it looked to be in good shape still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts