Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to all that had mailed me .I got in bad accident and now been living at UNC burn center. I have been in a coma from propane blowing up . At least I am alive and cannot complain with all the people surrounding me here that their lives are changed forever. I will recover in time but a few more operations. Again I will be slow in replys for the burn center has me a busy life thesedaysand one hand typing.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Glad your back and improving.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had missed Ohio swap meet this year. I bought wife a 69 mach 1 and have not got a chance to play with it yet. In very great shape. Is a 351 w 4 speed car. Red black interior. She wants it painted gold with 302 black stripes that change colors. Trying to convence her to a white interior but she wants it black interior, her car, does not matter to me, she one driving it.

Thanks Arnoldtx. I have missed alot of days in coma

·
Registered
576 Posts
WOW!! Thats terrible news...But, Glad you are still alive and with us. Glad to hear all will be well...I know how much it takes ot heal from burns. We'll all be here waiting to hear progress reports. Best wishs and prayers to you and your family.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Glad to have you back and sorry to hear what you have been through.

Although everyone's lives may have changed, I am sure they are more than happy that you are still there.

Hope you recover easily and swiftly

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
glad you made it . propane just doesnt blow away , hangs low .

wish you a fast recovrey . burns are the worse injury and painful . have to get well , you got a Mustang waiting . oh forgot and a wife

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot, friends are what in life that is important on one's list.
I have lost memory of accident things but am remembering things as time continues.

I remember laying on floor and covering my head with a big towel as the fire seemed to crawl around me then being sucked out just as it had exsploded, getting up beating room out that was left burnning. My wife screaming for me to get out. I didnot until all was put out. Was beach house and my neighbor finished when I got out . Left my hands peeled back , face small burn and my side alittle. I get bandages off today and find out if operation is a need again.

I can remember my hands being tied down, tube down my throat , people talking but cannot remember life flight ride on copter, dag it.

Anyway all is good and people that owns monster home I had been building have closed the gates awaiting me to finish it which is a nice thing . Good to beable to work on cars again soon.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Good to have you back. Here's to a speedy and pain-free healing.

David

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I know what burns are about. Glad that you are back and healing. Was thinking why you have not been around and now I know.
That was gracious of the home owner.

·
Registered
576 Posts
but cannot remember life flight ride on copter, dag it. .
most expensive plane ride most people ever take....and hardly anyone remembers it....and if they do, they don't get to enjoy the scenery, just teh view of the ceiling.....they oughta at least give ya a t-shirt
Hang in there man.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup retyler homeowner waiting is a good thing however all things done has a reason behindwhat another does. This home is loaded with valleys and hips , all crooks and round roofs a handfull is willing to build it. This home is so cut up as well the owners have made way too many changes that all points on valleys, hips, ridges have rerouted where the land points were is why they couldnot find a builder to touch it . load bearing walls have been moved in need of an architect to redraw plans and his charge was $1000 per page . I was recommended to build it as thats kind of work that inspires me. Some day one will bite me but this home I near have finished framing.

FE have a nightmare ? You are a nightmare, lol. Your birtday hummm, and when was your birthday , same as every year I asome. The world has been abetter place being you have one as you do help others and see people in agood way if they are, alot of aholes lurking about.

I hate pain pills and refuse the full dose nurses describes and donot take them until I know when pain is coming. A burn will make one take them however I have a shot in place of a nasty pill when one can get hooked on pills.

I come here cause alot of good people also does, good info on cars as well always an intresting site to a full blow ford lover which I am.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Here is to quick heeling my friend!!!!, life can change in an instant, I now work full time for an ambulance service and we had a state trouper killed on the interstate today(hit by semi truck on a traffic stop) really makes you stop and smell the roses sometimes.....

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's Today of all day's :)

I am just like you with any and all medicines. They addiction thing freak me out, I see people get addicted and there's no way in hell I'd like to end up like that.

It lightens my heart to know that you're healing and here chatting it up with us!

FE ,send me a mail here with your home address and full name, maybe the kind of car or cars ya have now. It will be worth ya while to doso. May take say a week or so to know why I am requesting you to.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Off topic, but Happy Birthday Gary :)

Recode, shots over pills sounds like good logic to me, never woulda thought of that, but will remember...still hope I never need to find out.

Dunno if they ever use them for burns, but never hurts to ask- my son that had the heart trouble had wrecked his bike a couple yrs ago,hit the bars right center of his thrice opened sternum, luckily, just scrape/ bruised, but scared the heck out of mom and dad to say the least...anyway, they had topical lidocaine patches to numb the area without risk of painkiller sideeffects...dunno if they could be used past a burn area on heathy areas to help numb nerves downstream, but might be worth asking... Hang in there, hope you're out wrenching again soon!
Tim

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
RCode,

Welcome back, I thought I had detected that I hadnt seen any posts lately from you.... But there are members that do tend to come and go...

Glad the unknowns are over and hope for a speedy recovery, prayers sent your way......

MRO

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Happy bd is not off topic, I say is a dead hit, so happy birthday as well Gary even though I am over say 30 mins.

I just got into another wing of hospital and out of intensive care room. Accually they had me in shower room after bath took over3 hours to get all my bantages off and rewrapped.
They are such in a hurry trying to get rewrapped, make wound bleed . I stated 3 strikes and ya out which didnot take long. I think after a few questions I beleive they are used to rewrapping coma patients. Not someone to be awake. Hands look uglybut nurse says looksgreat. Doc comes in morning. Nurse says I get off shots, on pills, make a fist , wrap bandages myself I can go home. I do that tomorrow I think.
I can put up pics but tell ya all is a big mess, hamburger still looks to me.

I got wife beside me in recliner, lap top, job awaiting , icecream and this site with friends. I think I am good to go.
Man people here die every night, sad place.

Ford4v I have had the patches for back operation, will try again. Now bandages off I can set for a site and thanks.

Good to see oldfart again. That 427 mustang below stang is still da bomb.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts