Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: A good ECU Chip tuning tool may help a lot

The following response was to some SPAM advertising that was removed before I could reply, so I cut the links and posted this answer anyway, as some here might be able to use the info. I also moved it from The Garage to Late Model EFI Techboard section.
sanjusa said:
A good ECU Chip tuning tool may help a lot
I work in a garage, most of the time are with cars trucks and motorbikes. But most ECU chip tuning tool do not support the three kinds of vehicle.
I suggested to my garage to buy a new one, through investigation, I found one named xxxxxxxxx [reference cut] is quite good, easy and cheap. Most important, it can support the three vehicles. My suggestion was approved quickly. It arrived earlier this month, small but exquistie.
This is just the one I need. Not only can it work on trucks, but it also can do cars and motorbikes. Ever after I had this new repair tool, seldom complain is received. Sometimes a few problems can be solved immediately, no need to spend more time on finding the right tools
A good ECU Tuning Tool [link cut] can help a lot.
By the way, I am not affiliated with xxxxxxxx [reference cut], just a customer
Welcome to the forums - although I suspect you are a spammer. First - the linked $470.00 device is not a chip tuner, but more correctly a diagnostic OBDII 'scan tool'. I am posting to other forum readers that there are several units on the market that can communicate in all the various languages for all approved OBDII systems at far lower prices than your link, including all the software and connectors. While a unit that does many or all OBDII communications is nice if you have lots of different vehicles, most on this forum only need units that can communicate in J1850-41.6 (also known as SCP or J1850-PWM) with a few having Mazda and Nissan engines that use J1941. They all use standard J1962 16-pin connectors. Fords after 2006 also communicate with CAN protocols.

Most cheap units will 'speak' these protocols and more. The primary difference in cost is mostly whether the software will report not just a code, but a description of the code and what it means. Code lists are all over the 'net and free, but descriptions of what it means as far as repair varies widely. Remember, most codes are just indicators, and may not be the direct cause of an issue. For example, an O2 sensor out-of-range may be caused by a leaking EGR, and the O2 sensor is actually fine.

The other cause of cost is whether it is a self-contained hand-held unit ($100-$300 typical), or if it uses a laptop or similar interface ($20-$80 typical street price, depending on connectors and software). HTH

David

·
Banned
6 Posts
Re: A good ECU Chip tuning tool may help a lot

Thanks a lot for your prints. I want to say that I do apologize that bringing trouble to you, and thanks for your share.

Sometimes I also do not want to post any unwanted posts on others's form, but it is my job and I have to do this. I am a SEOer and my work is promoting the website, in fact, I know little about OBD2, it is impossible for me a have a full understand of OBD2 then start my work(if so, I would rather be a car repairer). So I have been considering how to make my post not look spam and have a little help to you.

But onething I must declare, we are not cheater, our products are really useful and already have lots of customers. Many of them are regular customer, and we try to provide the cheapest price that we can offer.

Apologize again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts