Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if a 68/69 formal roof rear bumper is the same as on my fastback? I might be grabbing a rear bumper off craigslist, but don't want to make the trip if I don't have to.

The pics look like they're the same, but never cross referenced.

Thx.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*crap* what's different? Is it the brackets, bumper or both. My brackets are OK. I just have a couple of dents and surface rust. They want $250/bumper to fix and re-chrome.

·
Subscriber
626 Posts
*crap* what's different? Is it the brackets, bumper or both. My brackets are OK. I just have a couple of dents and surface rust. They want $250/bumper to fix and re-chrome.
$250 is a bargain......

IF you could locate one ($200-300)
Having it rechromed ($250)

And it's the bumper, not the brackets.....

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I misspoke. It's $385 per bumper with dents taken out. They will do the full copper, nickel, chrome precess too. no cheap "show chrome"

Nice Cyclone old gator! I be that's fun finding parts for that don't cross with Torinos.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I misspoke. It's $385 per bumper with dents taken out. They will do the full copper, nickel, chrome precess too. no cheap "show chrome"

Nice Cyclone old gator! I be that's fun finding parts for that don't cross with Torinos.
I see you are in the SF Bay Area, may I ask who you've talked to about your bumper work? I'm in the area too and would like to have my bumpers re done.

I always figured the bumpers were the same between formal and fastback.

thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi torino420, I've been talking to:
Auto & Truck Bumpers Recyclers,Inc.
29699 Pacific St.
Hayward, Ca 94544
510-881-1886
510-881-1258 fax

I also got pricing to have tail light bezels re-chromed- $150-200 each. It's cheaper to get repros from Dearborn, or the others. These guys sound very goo though.

I'm moving to Pasadena this month. Anyone know of cool Ford clubs down there??

·
Registered
802 Posts
29699 Pacific St.
Hayward, Ca 94544
510-881-1886
510-881-1258 fax

I also got pricing to have tail light bezels re-chromed- $150-200 each. It's cheaper to get repros from Dearborn, or the others. These guys sound very goo though.

thanks for the info, too bad you're leaving the area. Good luck in your move.

·
Subscriber
626 Posts
:confused: Sorry!!!! I thought you were talking about a Cyclone.....

If it's a Torino Fastback then the '68-'69 is the same rear bumper for both
the Formal and Fastback..

C8OZ-17906-A is the correct one....
C8OZ-17906-B is for Rancheros and Wagons..

Again, sorry about the mix-up...

·
Subscriber
626 Posts
So the 68/69 Cyclone and Torino rear bumpers interchange, but the Montego is all together different.

Well....yes and no....

The 68/69 Cyclone Fastbacks have their own rear bumper...C8OZ-17906-A The '68 formal roof Cyclone used C8GY-17906-A
(the formal roof/hardtop Cyclone was a '68 only car)

The 68/69 formal roof and fastback Torinos have the same rear bumper as the '68/'69 Cyclone .C8OZ-17906-A

·
Registered
718 Posts

whats the name of the rechrome company ? i need a 68-69 fastback rear bumper and it doesnt need to be perfect.

·
Registered
718 Posts
29699 Pacific St.
Hayward, Ca 94544
510-881-1886
510-881-1258 fax

they havent let me out for a while but Bobs Big Boy at nordhoff and corbin st in Northridge has a hot rod hang out in the parking lot on friday nights. that about 20 miles from passadena. take the 210 north to the 118 west. get off at Tampa ave and go left back over the 118. turn right on nordoff and stay to the left and go over the rr bridge. on the other side of the bridge is Bobs on the left corner. theres a target in the parking lot and the gas station on the corner sells racing gas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts