Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY PURCHASED 89 5.0 LX CAR TO BUILD INTO STREET STRIP TOY, WILL BE ABLE TO LEAVE SON'S 94 GT AS DAILY DRIVER.
I'VE ALREADY PURCHASED LAKEWOOD 50-50 SHOCKS FOR REARBUT NEED ADVISE ON WHAT UPPER AND LOWER ARMS WORK WELL AND ARE STILL STREETABLE. 60-70 % OF USE WILL BE ON STREET, BUT CAR ISN'T A DAILY DRIVER.
HAVE LOOKED AT UPR NON-ADJUSTABLE BARS, ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

ALSO I'M CONSIDERING THE STRANGE ADJUSTABLE FRT SHOCKS WITH 4CYL SPRINGS TO START OUT.
I'VE ALREADY PURCHASED SUB FRAME CONNECTORS.

GUESS I'M A LITTLE BACKWARDS TRYING TO SET SUSPENSION UP BEFORE MODIFYING DRIVETRAIN!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I personally find it hard to stay away from this place: www.fordracingparts.com. Next in line would be upr or steeda. good place for those would be www.cjponyparts.com. stay away from adjustables...maintain rubber bushed control arms...the pivot eye adjustables are harsher on the street and you are actually taking a good path to start...when you do drivetrain, your suspension will be capable

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I would go with a Lower Control Arm that has adjustable perch for your springs so ride height can be adjusted very easily. Maximum Motosports sells them and I know there are others who make them. As for uppers make sure you get some that have sperical pivots so they will not bind up like the stock ones do. Personally, I went with the three link/torque arm set up. MMMGood! Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts