Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start my rear disc brake swap and I got to thinking about how my rear end is an open rear with 28 spline axles. I am wonder where the best place to go to get an already set up 3rd member with 3.50 gears and posi, and also 31 spline axles. I am going to a goodguys swap meet saturday and there are always guys selling 3rd members that are already done and ready to go. ARe these any good I am just skeptical about buying one and how good they are. Thanks oh yeah the car is a 71 torino gt with a 351c and c-6

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well, i would try out the stuff being sold at the swapmeet, ive always had good luck with them. But if you want it new, i got a 3rd member ready to bolt in for $400, everything is brand new in it. The next closest price was $475 at Randys ring and Pinion. Plus Randys wanted to take out like 4 things from my current 3rd member or charge me a core. This other place i am talking about will charge you i think 340 for 3.55's and 400 more for posi in it. Axles cost $400 there also. If you are interestd in this place, let me know and ill tell you there #. They are in San bernadino.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what hears are in your 3rd member and what axles are they? Where are you located? And I would appreciate the number of the place? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have 31 spline ka axles (stronger than stock),that will fit your Torino.They have bearings and studs, used with only 20 miles on them. I paid $340 new,will sell them for $225.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts