Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, unfortunately I got rear ended in the 64 a few weeks back. Some guy in a Nissan rammed me while I was stopped at a light. Fortunately, the insurance company found him at fault, but now I might be facing a fight with the company to fix my car. Looks like they probably will right now, but the bodyshop needs to give them a guarantee of what it will cost to fix. And the body shop is having trouble finding parts. What they need are bumper brackets, gas tank and possibly a rear bumper. Does anyone have any leads on where to find this stuff?

Crites has all that stuff in fiberglass, but is fiberglass any good on the street? Anyone used their stuff?

The car really isnt that bad for how hard I got hit and I'm still driving it. A bit of sheet metal, bumper and gas tank. Trunk closes, but doesnt seal.

Anyways, thanks for listening to me ramble.
I would really appreciate any help.
Garret

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune. Gas tanks and bumper brackets are on Ebay. Lots of the Falcon vendors have the gas tanks. I got my 64 gas tank from Mustangs unlimited. You have to call them. Good price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That just sucks Gary!! By the way, I saw you and your car in Three Hills this year, I tried chasing you down but lost ya somewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes that's terrible! Everytime I get a part for my 72 torino (PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE) I get from Ebay motors or a salvage yard in Arizona. Arizona must be an auto salvage "heaven"
Try searching that state, I might even go there one day for vacation just to cruise the yards!
Good luck guy, torinotroy

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I dunno about your insurance company, but mine excludes repairs done in non authentic parts. If so done, (like with fiberglass parts) the auto gets kicked in to some sort of custom hot rod catagory. May want to go with original when found. May take longer to locate, but cheaper in the end.

I found a huge pile of Falcon parts and cars off on some desolate five acres in SW Colorado last couple of years. Don't know the owner's address nor name, but know how to drive there.

Wm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Falconparts.com, I saw bumpers on ebay the other day. Otherwise there are a couple bumper shops in Seattle and Spokane.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sorry to hear that, thats what I've been afraid of happening to mine. Try 64cruzers listed in the ebay sellers. He has tons of comets and even if its not listed on ebay, he has pulled stuff for me. For what its worth, I'm running a crites fiberglass hood and soon a front bumper and the quality is great.
Tracy

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Garry, sorry to hear about the hit. Glad you're not hurt.

I think that fiberglass should not be put on the rear end of a street car, for the very reason you're replacing it. Go for front fiberglass if you want to save weight, but it just sounds like you're looking for replacement parts for the smashed rear. Go for original steel stuff. Good luck.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, I will check those links out for sure.

I did get some whiplash, but I went and got my neck x rayed and it looked fine, so that was a good thing. Could have been worse. One things for sure, the nissan that hit me sure looked like it was a write off. Airbags went off, it spewed antifreeze everywhere, and the front end just crumpled.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
On 2006-09-30 08:11, nolan62 wrote:
The 64 gas tank is the same as the 65 Mustang so any place that sells Mustang parts. The bumper I know falconparts.com has them as well as a gas tank. Also:
http://store.cal-mustang.com/Category-7-26.html
http://www.thunderbirdconn.com/summary-results.cfm?Model_Name=Falcon&PartGroup=Ext%20Chrome
http://www.dearbornclassics.com/cgi-bin/more_info.cgi?part_number=RBA101&type=X&year=64&category=ALL&keywords=rear%20bumper

I probably have more places if those don't have what you need.
Ed
Mustang and Falcon tanks are not the same. The tanks are possibly the same but the inlets are different.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I talked to the body shop today and they were real helpful. They said that if I can find the parts I need, they will reimburse me. And as long as all the parts cost less that $1000, it won't be written off. So I need bumpers and bumper brackets, and a gas tank. I might not be able to get brand new stuff, but I should be able to get used stuff easily for $1000.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Garrett, Really sorry to hear of your misfortune. Here is an email address of Wall to Wall Falcon Parts here in California. Give him a line and see what he may have, better than having to bid if he has them in his shop. His name is Russ Wall tell him Ben Townsend of Beach Cities Falcons sent you. Hopefully he can help or get you in the right direction
[email protected]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry about the blank page but more so about your car. You can try John @ Big M Automotive in Williams, CA. along I-5, @ http://www.bigmauto.com. He's got "a bunch" of old round body Fords and Mercs. waiting for a home. You can also call him at (530) 473-2225 (bus) or (530) 473-5999 (fax). I picked up my hood hinges w/springs, the brake/clutch pedal assembly and some stainless trim for my '62 Falcon there last year. He has two separate locations just down the road from each other off the freeway and are both owned by the same dude. He told me he would mail. I gotta warn you, the place has character. It's a great visit if someone's got the time.

Good Luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts