Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to upgrade my 8" rear until I can save enough for a 9". What is a fair price for a used 8" chunk with 3.40:1 gears with a traction-lok?

I found a take out from a Mustang II for $375, I will look at it tomorrow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wdflarity on 3/22/02 11:44am ]</font>

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stanley, I thought he was very proud of it. He offered to rebuilt it for $150 more. If it was rebuilt for $375 that would might be a good deal.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
A rebuilt 8in. with posi (any gears) goes for around 800. Can. where I am. Thats 500.US, they are very rare around here. Check ebay, they are getting scarce.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks very good. We will check the posi tomorrow to see if it will lockup. He said he would rebuild it for $200, with all new bearings, seals and clutches. That is a little more than I want to spend, however.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a complete new 9" Mustang housing, with a rebuilt N case carrier, 3.70 gears, a rebuilt 28 spline posi, daytona pinion support, Granada axles with all new bearings and 10" drum brakes all for $1300 trading in my 8".

I hope these are good parts and this guy knows his stuff. The local Mustang guys here seem to think he does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts