Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a roll bar in it that I want to remove and reinstall the rear seat. They never completed the bar installation so its only mounted 2 places right under where the rear seat would be. Im going to cut the bar out and grind it flat to the floor. The old owner gave me the rear seat, so I want to get it recovered and reinstall it in the car. Question: Is there any mounting brackets that bolt into the floor to install the rear seat? Or does it just bolt right to the floor? Not sure if anything was cut out and thrown away.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Does not bolt in,just locks on the front seat riser . Here's a picture of my 64 Futura when i was rebuilding it.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Does not bolt in,just locks on the front seat riser . Here's a picture of my 64 Futura when i was rebuilding it.
When you say it locks into the front seat riser, do you mean it lips into that ledge thats in the rear? Im hoping that where it lips in is not where the bar is welded

·
Registered
634 Posts
When you say it locks into the front seat riser, do you mean it lips into that ledge thats in the rear? Im hoping that where it lips in is not where the bar is welded
Yes the front lower edge of the seat locks in the lip that turns back. Some ,like mine are pretty hard to get back enough to hook the lip. It was a not thought out very well by the car builders , a couple of small brackets with a screw though it would have been better.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the front lower edge of the seat locks in the lip that turns back. Some ,like mine are pretty hard to get back enough to hook the lip. It was a not thought out very well by the car builders , a couple of small brackets with a screw though it would have been better.
Great, thanks. I was hoping that nothing was tossed out. Im gonna have to take the front seats out to remove the roll bar, so I will have plenty of room to get the rear seats in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts