Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey you guys know if addco is the way to go with rear sway bars for a 66 fairlane? i hear there are different types, theirs goes over the housing

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i hear the kind that goes over the the axle housing has clearance issues with the tailpipes (3in.). anyone know anything about the ones that go under the housing?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have addco over the rear end and I have no clearance problems at all 1970 mustang.Front and rear sway bars was the best mod I did to the car it handles awsome.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hate to chnge the subject but, just a quicky. 70, where are you in MI?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Dude if you go with an over the rear end sway bar most likely you will not be able to run your exhaust out to the back of the car, you will have to dump right out of the muffler, I had an over the top sway bar on my 65 Fastback, no room for pipes out the back, as far as the bar, I liked mine, it added to the handleing of my car, but it is not good for drag raceing

·
Registered
184 Posts
I live in the upper peninsula north of Houghton.I will say again with the addco sway bar over the rear end the tail pipes had no clearance problems at all.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i think it will work, my pipes are 3in. but were properly bent up like a u before the end of the pipe, they go inside the shocks, well they cross the shocks on the inside right where the shocks are, why not for dragging? how bout weekend racer?! a freind told me there may be clearance problems, but this is the right one, as my frame and alignment mustang pro told me the 3/4 in under sway would work on my fairlane, but i think the frame is wider, anyhow addco knew nothing of a 3/4 in under sway, all they make is the 7/8 ove sawy. thanks guys. it is so hard to get correct info! anymore would help although i already ordered my parts!! keep inmind i have dual flowmaster and 2.5 or 3 pipes

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got an addco rear bar over the housing on my torino and it works great. When I had the exhaust done I told the guy to leave plenty of room around the bar, its still close but doesn't hit. I'm using 2 1/2" pipes straight out the back beside the tank.

71 torino 500 351c

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: j351torino on 3/2/02 11:27am ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts