Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I know you all have probably hashed this over but I didnt find too much in my search on the topic.

I have a 63 and Im just trying to figure a wheel tire combo to stuff some fatter tires under the rear. I have been looking at a set of 15X8 rims that have a 5.5 inch backspacing. this might work well as the rearend doesnt appear to be too well centered in the wells. Anyway just wondering what/wheel tire combo some of you guys have used. I have to online order the rims so I wanna get it right the first time...thanks!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks. Man that looks great...what a sweet ride! So with those tires on a 4" backspace, Im assuming your slight rubbing was on the outside?

How much room is there on the inner side? Thanks again!
Chris

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I have 275/60/15 on my 64. I currently have a custom wheel with a serious backspace. Fits well, but you have to drop the shocks to take the wheels off. 15x5 in the front with a 185/65/15, I used to run a real skinny front, but they felt a little loose for me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Karguy1, are you running the stock rear end? What backspace did you need to get those tires in there? (I'd like to do the same.)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
yeah its a stock rear end but with a custom wheel, it looks flat ( as far as the off set goes) when you look at it. Its supposed to look like an american racing wheel. I think the wheel tubs were widend by the previous owner.

I am putting in a shorter rear end and using a off the shelf wheel, so i will be getting rid of these wheels soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts