Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another post changing rear from a 3.50 to 3.91 in mach1 with 408 stroker automatic have traction loc now would a locker be better for street or should i stay with posi. also who do you guys like to buy this rear from. what company thanks again.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
If what you have now works, I'd stay with it instead of ponying up for the 400 or more bucks for a locker unit. They work fine, some are more noisy than others (detroit locker), but they are more durable than a standard posi from what I've read. If you're primary use is street, stay with what you have.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Currie's folks are really good at customer service and the phone help is super. Bought some stuff from them and some axles from another place and think Currie is as good as it gets.
Currie staffer says the trac-loc will stand up to abuse with the billet clutch cover. (See 9" article on this site.) The locker is more durable (no clutches) but a bit clunky and noisy. For street use, if you already own a trac-loc, rebuild it and run it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good advice R Code, but I'm trying to buy a used traction loc with 3.50 gears. Why not delete your post before he reads it?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Hey RPM
When I get down to the shop in the morning, I will see what we have in the way of trac 3rd members (3:50 / 3:91). I decided to go with the spool this time (but keeping a section incase want to go on a run)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks Blown 54, I've been to BC Baja California, but don't remember going thru a Cloverdale. Where might it be located?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Just N of the US / Canadian border and 40 miles E of Vancouver (20 minutes from Mission Raceway)
I called down to the shop and Doug thinks he still has a complete centre section that had just been setup. I will check in the afternoon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts