Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
anyone rebuild their door panels lately? Any tricks you could pass along? I am about to glue the material on the new panel I put on, plus I need to glue the carpet strip on the bottom. I have clips and 3m glue all ready, just wondering if anyone has some tips. I guess I get one shot at this and then if I screw it up it can pony up the 275 for a new one. Any tips??? I also have the quarter interior panel material (convertible) and those are next.

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts
I just watched a video on door panels and can't remember what kind of glue they said to use but said don't use the regular or common spray ons us X. I'll have to see if i can find it. Didn't watch many of the vids so should be able to.

·
Administrator
21,795 Posts
They don't mention 3M but 3M didn't work too great on just the carpet section at the bottom of my door or the vinyl in front of the rear seat and couple other places. Here's the vid, not a great one but... Don't know if they have a spray can version of the stuff he shows or not but bet there is something at a local auto paint place. But others here might have had good luck with the 3M.

Custom door panels here but informative i thought.

door panel part 2 - YouTube

·
Premium Member
5,919 Posts
If you're adding foam, don't cut it all the way to the edge or the door won't close all the way. Well it will close but stick out a little. Carpet too maybe.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shot rod 64,
Thanks for the info. I need to keep my edges tight to keep the door vinyl tight. The video just showed laying material on top of the board. But thanks anyway, I did get the name of the contact glue they use. I did pick up a few more pointers with the vid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts