Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I believe advanced plating does plastic. there are a few that does do it. Advanced Plating is in Tenn. I think....

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I used Dearborn Classics (www.[B]dearbornclassics[/B].com). I know they sent it to a place in Canada that does their work. I guess it's a pain to ship stuff in/out of the States so they handle it. It wasn't cheap but it looks fantastic. They strip it clean, re-chrome and paint & airbrush it back looking better than new. I had mine done for about 8-10 years ago and it still looks great. :tup:

John

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hooked- You can send parts directly to the Canadian co. too,
I had some dash insert, plastic emblems done by them, cracked even broken in some places, Came back like brand new parts!
If you can;t find the Canadian Co's contact info,(on the West5 coast i;m pretty sure) i will look up for you when i get home.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hooked- You can send parts directly to the Canadian co. too,
I had some dash insert, plastic emblems done by them, cracked even broken in some places, Came back like brand new parts!
If you can;t find the Canadian Co's contact info,(on the West5 coast i;m pretty sure) i will look up for you when i get home.
Thanks I have been checking out all the leads that all of you guys giving me. Not sure if I want to send my parts to Canada just cuz of the cost.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Thanks I have been checking out all the leads that all of you guys giving me. Not sure if I want to send my parts to Canada just cuz of the cost.
I seem to recall that mine were around $300, maybe more, when I had it done several years ago so it ain't cheap for sure. Would I do it again and would I use them? Yup!

I do remember them telling me they wouldn't touch broken or cracked parts. Mine were in good condition but pretty faded and as I said they look like new. It took several weeks to get them back and one part had a small flaw in the chrome. When I called to tell them they had me ship it back on their dime and got it back to me really fast, like a week or so. I was okay with that.

John

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used Dearborn Classics (www.dearbornclassics.com). I know they sent it to a place in Canada that does their work. I guess it's a pain to ship stuff in/out of the States so they handle it. It wasn't cheap but it looks fantastic. They strip it clean, re-chrome and paint & airbrush it back looking better than new. I had mine done for about 8-10 years ago and it still looks great. :tup:

John
I'm going to pick up a 65 hardtop next week and it also needs the dash trim refurbished and after reading your post I contacted Dearborn classics and they said they no longer provide that service. Just to let everyone know ahead of time who might be interested in contacting them about this.Does anyone happen to know the name of the company in Canada that does this so that I can contact them directly.

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
will I am not for sure.. what are you needing painted? Maybe they could powder coat instead, but I really dont know...

·
Registered
152 Posts
will I am not for sure.. what are you needing painted? Maybe they could powder coat instead, but I really dont know...
I have the deluxe dash trim that is silver with the black accent thats okay though I'll check more in to it when I get ready to have it done. I'll be redoing the entire interior, so I have alot of other things to do in the mean time. Thanks though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.