Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some headers coated. Anyone have recommendations, prices, experiences? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
HPC has held up the best for me and still look like new after 5-6 years. High quality, shiny, soft(not hard and brittle), will not flake or chip off(because of being soft), and resists scratches very well. Totally satisfied and will use them again. Jet Hot dulled right away at the first bend from the exh ports and didn't seem nearly as rugged and nice looking as the HPC coating does. That's my experience and suggestion on the subject.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i called HPC, they quoted $220 for a set of long tubes, inside and out. They will clean/blast them too. They come with a 3yr warranty (re coat). After 3 years they charge 1/2 price to re-coat.

·
Registered
672 Posts
That's pretty good. Maybe I'll pop for them coating my headers. It's kinda embarassing to open my hood, and the headers are painted black. What about shipping?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I see that thay have a factory in Chandler, maybe save me some shipping cost. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I used HPC, they look very good. They did an excellent job packing them for the return trip. Shipping was a little high I thought at $25 for only 500 mi.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
For guys like us who have either fabricated our own headers or paid someone else to do it for us, the $300 (give or take) to have headers coated is very cheap insurance. I regret not coating mine, especially after nearly 2 weeks solid working on the headers, but if I keep the Maverick front end, I'll have mine done this winter while I'm freshening up the motor. I dont want to ever go through that aggravation of building my own headers again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts