Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting new seat covers for my 65 Mercury Cyclone. I would like to install the covers myself instead of paying someone to do the job. I've heard it helps to lay the covers in the sun to warm them up (helps them slide over the frames). Does anyone have any tips for the job?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Your right. The guy at the shop that installed my 67's seatcovers layed them out in the sun for a few hours. Not to good of a ideal this time of the year in Michigan.I'm sure you could soften them up with a heat gun.Roger

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right. The guy at the shop that installed my 67's seatcovers layed them out in the sun for a few hours. Not to good of a ideal this time of the year in Michigan.I'm sure you could soften them up with a heat gun.Roger
I'm still a few months away from this project. I haven't ordered the covers yet. I like to do advance planning. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you referring to leather seat covers?
No, I want factory original look and stiching. the companies that make retro kits are using material that is as close to original as possible. (If that makes sense). I don't know if they mean the look , feel and grain are close to original or if it's actually the same material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts