Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '62 Ranchero (aussie x-flow) and due to the radiator that I have I would like to put the battery on the drivers side. Was thinking about using an inner fender from maybe a mustang and fabricate it. I don't think it wiil work, Is there any Fords with the battery on the drivers side like the aussie cars? Anyone done this or got an idea to recess the bottom of the battery in the inner fender. Thanks for any and all ideas Ken N.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Why not into the bed somewhere? You can buy a battery relocation kit from any speed shop or even places that deal with boats or RV's for the battery box then you just need to install a good ground and pick-up some long 0 guage wire for the + side.

If you've ever purchased from places like Summit Racing or Jegs they both sell kits that are complete with everything needed to get the job done.

John

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Trunk mount is the cleanest, take a look over at madelectrical.com, for all kinds of good ideas to improve your headlights, starting, dash lights,& a very cool trunk mount battery kit.
I used their power up - dash, halogen headlight/trunk mount kit & just can;t believe how good my headlights/dash lights & even starting is improved

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would consider installing a battery box in the storage area under the front of the bed with access from the bed. Optima batteries don’t require the venting acid batteries need.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Won't the smugglers hatch leak if it is not properly sealed and I think there is problems with it leaking and maybe it should be perminatly sealed. Suggestions on a seal and maybe a hinge and support shock for the smugglers hatch.. I guess it or someone else could put jumper cables to the solinoid and a ground.Thanks Ken N.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.