Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this on the ford info forum and got "0" response, must be to busy with the hi-winding small blocks. Has any one had experience with "Engine Direct" with there reman'ed engines. Looks like it will be better to buy a rebuilt from them than taking my broken cam, aluiminum filled oil pan FE to a local shop to rebuild my engine, and less expensive.
Larry Tobleck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thans for the response, FE. Took the plung and ordered the engine with an up graded cam, they call it the "RV" upgrade, higher torque and about 35hp is what they tell me. Will keep you informed about it when it arrives. Will pull the performer manifold, cast shorty headers and the hi-speed starter off the broken cam engine I built last winter and should have it back on the road by spring.
Larry Tobleck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The engine is 929.00 the cam upgrade is 125.oo and the shipping in the crate is 149.00 nationwide with, I asked for it, Tailgage delivery. There is a 220.00 refundable core charge. The ebay product address is:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hit the wrong key, the ebay number is is: 250044903060 I believe that they have more avaiable, they are located in Pheonix, AZ. Since I am in Pheonix this week for work I am going to try and see the facility.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way it is a long block, no manifold, front cover oil pan, does come with new oil pump and gasket kit.
Larry Tobleck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Visited the shop in Phoenix today, have about 200 variuos Ford, gM , Chy, and foreign heads at this facility, the blocks are reman'ed at the Dallas plant. very freindly people and showed me around the warehouse and office. My engine was shipped today from the Dallas whse and shuld arrive Mon or Tue. Will keep you informed.
larry T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts