Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the back seat (backing and bottom) on my 66 tomorrow morning. (I am re-locating my battery in the trunk and am running a thick positive wire in side the car...) Anyways. How do I remove these seats? I've got an idea, but I don't want to have to fuss with this for a long time, I want to just be able to do it and be done. So can someone tell me how, and any tips they might have?

Thanks,
Chris

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 66stang on 2/17/02 1:25pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Pull up on the front edge of the seat bottom. It will pop off its holders, and you can pull it out. The seat back will have two metal loops on the bottom. There may be screws through these, if so, remove them. With any screws removed, pull straight up on the seat back to disengage it, then pull it out. It's even easier than it sounds too!

-Brian

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2002-02-17 01:29, 66restomod wrote:
Pull up on the front edge of the seat bottom. It will pop off its holders, and you can pull it out. The seat back will have two metal loops on the bottom. There may be screws through these, if so, remove them. With any screws removed, pull straight up on the seat back to disengage it, then pull it out. It's even easier than it sounds too!

-Brian
Thank you. I guess I was somewhat confused, because I helped my friend remove his seats on his 69 camaro. What we had to do I think was on the front of the bottom part, we had to push in and pull up to get around the hook. So your saying the mustang just pull up on the front of the bottom part and it unsnaps? I can figure out the rest from there, ...

Chris

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
The mustang is the same mounting as my torino. I have had to pull my rear seat a few times, its really easy, pull up on the bottom part, pushing backwards helps sometimes. The back is easy too, just undo two bolts, lift up, about 1-2" and pull towards you. I was running some hefty cable for my stereo. Make sure you get finely stranded cable, much easier to run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts