Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This may seem a strange question, but I removed the dash in my 63.5 fastback after the front windshield was removed. Now I would like to wait and have the headliner and glass re installed before I put my restored dash back in.
I would rather be the first one to scratch it.
Does the dash install easily with the windshield back in? I seem to remember on some cars this is an issue?

I am glad I am at the reassembly stage!

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
no problem...
but it will help tremendes if theres a extra pair of hands guiding and holding dash in place..so you can get a couple screws started ..:)

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. That is all I wanted to hear.
Did not want to risk making a big error.

Headliner and glass very soon!!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Re: Reinstall dash after windshield is installed?

If I remember correctly, and that is a BIG if, The headliner can be installed with or without the windshield installed? At least it is that was on my 61.
The rear glass has to be removed to install the headliner but not the front glass.
So, you could have the headliner installed first, then put the dash in second to make it easier to install then put the windshield in using the inside window trim screws to hold a protective bubble wrap in place to protect the dash.

Worked on one of my 61's

Scott...

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Re: Reinstall dash after windshield is installed?

you could have the headliner installed first, then put the dash in second to make it easier to install then put the windshield in using the inside window trim screws to hold a protective bubble wrap in place to protect the dash.
that would be my choice too...
just easyer to manuver things....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts