Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Ohio a couple of weeks ago and got a discounted offer to rent the Hertz Shelby Mustang. It was pretty nice. Wish they would of washed it first, it felt a little funny driving what will be a classic in such a dirty form.

I got it at the Columbus airport for $100 per day. The guy said they usually get 3-400 per day which seems way high but similar to numbers that some magazines have said. I guess becasue it was a Saturday afternoon, it was on the lot, and my reservation did not request the car that maybe I just slipped into a discount? Either way, it was worth it. I had some fun cruising at 80. It was pretty quick but not crazy fast.

Driving around Delaware a few guys on the road got pretty excited to see it. One 5.0 was in and out of lanes just to get next to me, pretty funny.

One note: when I started it up the first time a big puff of blue smoke came out, seems weird for a car with 6k on it. Probably a hard 6k.

Maybe next time I will take it to the track!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I've seen a few at the local car shows, I guess for some reason people must just rent these cars to have fun in. It's kind of odd to see one at the car show with the hood open and the 'Renter" standing there talking about his car.

·
Registered
431 Posts
On 2006-11-13 23:55, mikemustang289 wrote:
I've seen a few at the local car shows, I guess for some reason people must just rent these cars to have fun in. It's kind of odd to see one at the car show with the hood open and the 'Renter" standing there talking about his car.
Man!!! for $400 a day I would rent you my Shelby To show! Please don't take it to the track though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts