Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im about to replace my doors ( new doors have no glass) and was wandering whats the best way to get the windows out of the doors in the car now. When I want them out, they wont come out, but when I want them to stay, they always fall out. So whats the best way to take the glass out of the channel.

Rick

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Start by taking the trim completely off the doors, as much of it as you can. There maybe some of the glass channel that can be unbolted.

The arms that attach to the window crank should have nylon 'bushings' on each end. There is a small clip that holds the arms into the bushings. Pull the clips and then pull the arms out of the bushings and you can take the bushins out. Some doors you can then remove the glass without removing the crank mechanism first, you might have to remove the mechanism to have room inside the door. Push the glass down into the door so you can get it out of the channels. Then rotate the glass so you can take it out 90* from the normal position.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, I'll try it this week. One channel fell off and the other one will not come off.

I'll let you know how it went.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts