Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals

So I need to replace my old window felts because they are old and falling apart. They were even blocking the windows from moving up and down. So a while back I ordered from Dearborn Classics. The felts came but did not have the clips you need to mount them on the chrome-like rail. So I checked the web and found steelerubbers has felts for a 69 Galaxie 2-door. E-mailed them and asked if they have the clips on them. The guy said yes. So I ordered. When they came the felts were exactly the same as the ones from Dearborne. So I have two sets of window felts but can't mount them on the chrome-rail-thingy (Dont know the word for it, I'm Swiss...). I tried with rivetes but the felt has a slightly bend so there is tension and if one of the rivets is not done properly it pops off. Has somebody an idea of what I could do or does someone know where to get the proper felts?
All help appreciated!

Thanks!

Nik

·
Registered
117 Posts
I too will be doing this soon once my L-shaped chrome quarter window trim pieces come back to me from the chrome shop. I have contacted the supplier where I have got mine, and they told me to use 3M tape. Not liking that idea, but other than drilling holes/riveting them into the quarter trim pieces, I don't think that there is any other way. They were originally somehow welded onto the trims it seems, but they are die cast trims so .. :S

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
best attached by drilling small holes and using staple shaped wire bent on the back side to secure. Basically like the factory did it. Mine came with the wires but not enough so I made some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Scott, do you have a picture of what kind of staples you used or a brand name that I could search for?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
90 Posts
GLAD IT FOUND THIS THREAD!!!

Once again...this forum rocks!!

My '66 4 door desperately needs the window felts. I've been searching for ones that come with the chrome pieces attached. Can I order new ones without the chrome and "staple" the new to the old chrome?? I'm assuming the garnish trim is the chrome I'm talking about.

Thanks
Darren

·
Registered
84 Posts
GLAD IT FOUND THIS THREAD!!!

Once again...this forum rocks!!

My '66 4 door desperately needs the window felts. I've been searching for ones that come with the chrome pieces attached. Can I order new ones without the chrome and "staple" the new to the old chrome?? I'm assuming the garnish trim is the chrome I'm talking about.

Thanks
Darren

check out eBay. I have seen a few, but never purchased. The link below should take you to "66 galaxies felt sweeps" listed for $155.

The photo shows the chrome attached. I have bee considering these in 2d for mine.
1965 1966 Ford Galaxie Custom 500 4 Door Window Sweep Seals Belt Line Molding | eBay

Anyone used the "cat whiskers" brand before? Also on eBay?

Good luck. Please post any update on this product if you buy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
As far as I know you buy them from Dearborn and they sell the part for fastback with wide trim and those are the right ones for a sportroof on a '70. '69 is the same car for interchangeability right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts