Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
It might be easiest as part of a new wiring harness where all the wiring is replaced. I would think it would be a real pain to terminate all the old wires to a new fuse block working under the dash. IDK

·
Registered
824 Posts
It might be easiest as part of a new wiring harness where all the wiring is replaced. I would think it would be a real pain to terminate all the old wires to a new fuse block working under the dash. IDK
I did this on my 63 as glass fuses are impossible to find in the uk , the only wires I have not done are the interior light ones as yet but will do over the year some time lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
I replaced mine. It really was know problem. The hardes part was work under the dash. I would say that I believe the old fuse box be replaced. I have found that when you pull the fuse box that they are rusted. What happen is when the power is pulled thru the fuse the connecters heat up and when you shut it down they cool and when this happen after several year this pulls moisture in and rust moves in.By replacing the fuse box, you can add extry fuses. so for me it's a win win. After working on three 65, i found the same problem on the fuse boxs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.