Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i am about to restore my 67 mustang coupe. i am between painting it black or white.i am also attaching some photos than i liked through internet. can you post some photos and wheels of coupes please? i am especially troubled with wheels :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1963 Ford Galaxie 500
122 Posts
Black or white? Not a fan of either. White is incredibly hard to keep clean. I am more a deep blue or baby blue, something with some character. Look at the Ford color chart from that year, may give you some ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same boat with a 1967 coupe. White and black are both super hard to keep clean. Also both super common colors. That first picture you posted of the dark green one is beautiful. Are you only looking at doing 67 mustang colors or ford/mustang colors in general?

I think my favorite color car I have ever seen is the F8 green on the newer chargers/challengers. Just a suggestion.

As far as wheels, i think the bullets are pretty awesome.

·
Registered
103 Posts
opposite here, the lighter the color the easier to keep clean looking (even when it is not). Blk too hot for certain climates, drk colors show dirt more...
White, silver, nice 4 DD. If a bit of a show car (not much DD, wash on most outings) red or there's a really nice oem, era correct blue (I know it as an early bronco color). Nuttin wrong w/a British racing green of that era either (again if not DD). No yellows on any vehicle (boat, plane, bike or car)! Orange only if plenty of a black or other contrasting details around (chrome, usual blk prts). One man's opinion (but the 1st 2 sentences - I've heard from many others - may B we havea different color dirt than midwest, south, south west and far west?). Ask a car selesman...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts