Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide on my project so here are my choices.

1970 XL with 460 with a bad Piston and or Push rod. The engine is not in the car and would have to be rebuild obviously and was used in drag racing previously. It comes with a C6 and a limited slip diff. The car come "complete" although in pieces and needs a hood (current one was cut through). My budget is small, this will be a long term project, the car needs work, but frame and body look solid, trim and small stuff not so much.

1970 XL with 390 running with leaking gas tank. The differential is anyone's guess, can I tell by the vin? There appears to be the "normal" rust on rear quarter wheel wells. Car is much more complete but is an extra $200.

I am thinking that the running vehicle is a better deal although I want the 460 to make it a real screamer the engine might not be worth it in current condition, maybe I would be better off having a driver and doing some body work and get a 460 later. I just don't want a bad frame on the second more rusty car ( I already have a 70ltd with a bad frame).

Thank you all for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Mechanical problems are the easiest to deal with.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Remember that if you get the 390 car and then plan to switch it to a 460 later you will also have to get a different transmission to go with the 460.

Scott...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts