Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have not had a falcon for some time. But I just dragged home a pretty rust free 1968 falcon, 6 cyl and auto. Has a good interior with what looks like reconditioned seats. door panels, headliner and kick panels have never been cut for speakers, it still has the stock radio. Engine is out of it, and it needs bodywork, lots of dings from junkyard forklifts :rain: and what looks like some crash damage to the front clip. But still for the price I paid it was a nice score! I got it from a junkyard for scrap price!

I am a ford guy to the max, I have a 68 bronco I just took off the frame and put back together earlier in the fall, and have a 99 ranger too :rocker: Lots of fords before that too.

engine and trans are out, and had been sitting on the floor. HA! I rode home on the engine block as we flat towed it home.

Looks to have some damage on the front, and is missing a few things. Pans need a little help, but the quarters, trunk, doors and all the frame look to be in fair to excellent shape.

Looks to have been blue, but was painted white at some point.

I had almost the same car several years ago, and loved it. It was a 69 that someone had stuffed a very build 351w and c6 into, and I have regretted selling ever since. I figured this was my chance to get it back.

I have a good source for all the v8 swap parts, so I think I will swap in a v8 instead of going back to the straight 6 (the old engine swallowed a valve)

It needs a lot of help, but I think I can save it just like I saved the last one. I have most of the parts, but it is missing the hood hinges, wiper system, ignition (they CUT THE WIRES :mad:) and other misc junk.
I only have a few shots, I will be adding a few of the inside as we go.

Where I found it

Flying falcon! :D

Home!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are a few of my past falcons:

this was my baby here for awhile:

Ouch!

I wonder if the two are related... :banana:

and here is fixed...ish.

Right now I am looking for hood hinges, ignition (with wires and bezel) and an engine wiring harness (or at least the headlight and alt harness, they were cut out/unplugged/missing. Also need headlight buckets

for larger parts I am on the look for drivers fender and a hood.

If anyone needs 6cyl brakes I will be swapping to v8 stuff soon. The brakes are all new with looks like less than 1k miles and 2 years!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not bad. That 62 had the best potential of them all :)
Yes, it was quite nice. I traded it to some kid and his dad that were supposed to fix it up, but I later saw it on craigslist down at your end of town. had a perfect interior and the trunk still had the stock mat in it. I just couldn't get into it at the time. Four doors and a 6 banger with a bum paint job put me off. Very sweet little car.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I parked the old girl in the horse barn for awhile while I work on the bronco. Going to do some work on the suspension of the bronco, and while I do that try and score some parts for the bird.

·
Registered
634 Posts
here are a few of my past falcons:

this was my baby here for awhile:

Ouch!

I wonder if the two are related... :banana:

and here is fixed...ish.

Right now I am looking for hood hinges, ignition (with wires and bezel) and an engine wiring harness (or at least the headlight and alt harness, they were cut out/unplugged/missing. Also need headlight buckets

for larger parts I am on the look for drivers fender and a hood.

I thought that year of falcon had the same size brakes for the inline 6 and the V/8 . It looks like you have the 5 lug bolt pattern on the front. Did Ford make a smaller 5 lug drum for the inline 6 cars ?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought that year of falcon had the same size brakes for the inline 6 and the V/8 . It looks like you have the 5 lug bolt pattern on the front. Did Ford make a smaller 5 lug drum for the inline 6 cars ?
No, haha, this will be my fourth falcon. The one with the chrome rims was my first rig that was built with disk brakes, 351w c6 and all the other stuff.

the one I have now is the white one with the blue ish rims and primer on the fenders(s)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts