Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Falconites,
Just completed a C-4 to Toploader swap in my '65 Futura. You can see my car in the gallery.
I acquired 99% of all the components with out a hitch. But I seemed to overlook the retracting spring. Its the one that goes from the release lever to the frame. I'm having a difficult time locating one. And duplicating one is a daunting task if you've never seen one. I got something jury rigged and the clutch pedal seems soft. It doesnt come back up with any pressure. My questions are:
Is this the spring that provides pedal pressure?? Can anybody provide a clue to where I can get the proper spring? Or what to use to duplicate it?? I've tried several Mustan* restoration houses and the local Ford dealer. They seem to know nothing. Thanks in advance guys.
The Surfdog

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 63 1/2 Falcon Futura 4 speed. The spring goes from the fork ( where the rod connects)to the front frame foward ( next to the oil pan). It is at least 12 inches long and pretty heavy duty. Check your pedal for loose bushings, this will give you trouble the last inch of return. I have to pick the pedal up sometimes to get the bearing of the pressure plate fingers. Next I go to a cable clutch. Hope this helps !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.