Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the middle of rebuilding my 67' C4. While cleaning the reverse-high clutch drum I noticed the bushing is worn and cracked slightly and needs replaced. The problem however, is I cannot for the life of me find one! I know its part number C4AZ-7D046-A but even with that I cannot find anything on it. Any help would be much appreciated!-
Nick

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Yes it does . If you look very close you can see it is a join, it is known as a cleat line , common to bearings of that type and also like some engine cam bearings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for help! I think I'm still going to replace it while its out to be safe, Know of anywhere besides the ebay link I posted where I can find one? Thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
I always replace, helps keep that drum stable . . Be careful though pressing in. I have a special press tool that has a stepped edge to press the bush in. If it is pushed on the outer top edge can roll the edge down.

Where u located ? Could try bulkparts . They're usually easy enough to get

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
www.bulkpart.com you can get all the bushings in a set or just the ones you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you post a picture/part number/something of the tool you used? I got the bushing now, but having trouble pressing it in, Thanks,
Nick

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Can you post a picture/part number/something of the tool you used? I got the bushing now, but having trouble pressing it in, Thanks,
Nick
Tool is machined from solid aluminium. It is snug fit inside the bush and 2 steps so as it pushes the bush down it pushes on the inner edge of the bush inside the thrust face. If you push flat on the thrust face some may go in ok but if it is a little tight going down will damage the bush by rolling the top edge . Will see if i can gat a pic of the tool i use .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts