Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just got back form the scrap yard getting parts for my 66 fast back, it was a hot hot day for that :)

So I have found some galaxies at that the yard, 3 65s and one 67 ( all with rotted frames and no engines or transmissions, if you need something from these cars let me know, lots of trim bits)

Anyway I did find my toploader slip yoke I have been looking for :D Now I need to know how the reverse light switch mounts to what ever it mounts to. I do not have a manual on any of my other cars so I was hoping someone could show me where and how they mount to what ever it is they mount to (I like pictures). I am going to go out on a limb and say a switch mounts somewhere on the shifter or linkage? If it helps the transmission is out of a 64 galaxie with a 390.

if this post makes no sense I apologize, 105 degrees F and a scrapyard on the side of a mountain really kicked my desk jockey butt today.

Thanks for the help all
Coal

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
If it helps the transmission is out of a 64 galaxie with a 390.
Hey Mr. CC,
What Transmission do you have? You mentioned a "Top Loader". Is this a "Floor Shifter"?

Ms. American is a '64 Galaxie, with a Borg Warner T85 Three-Speed w/ Overdrive Transmission, and a Column Shift.

The Back-Up Lights are actuated by a Switch that is activated by the Low/Reverse Shift Lever.

The Switch is mounted on the Firewall.

HTH

JC

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
coal cracker, what linkage are you using? Hurst or stock. Both mount the rev. switch on the shifter body. Stock there is a hole in the body for it to mount in (on). On the Hurst you need a little bracket and a different switch. Both are available and both are $$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys,

yes it is a toploader 4 speed, floor shift. I do not know if it is factory or hurst. it has a hurst shift handle but that could mean anything really. How can I tell if it is a factory shifter body or not? Pictures are always more helpul for me, that way I can make what I need if I have to.

Thanks,

Coal

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
That's a Hurst Comp Plus shifter. Way better than a stock Ford shifter. Summit has the back up light switch and bracket listed in their current catalog page 212. Part number HUU-2480003.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts